Tuesday, September 1, 2015

HE LEADETH ME, O BLESSÈD THOUGHT!


HE LEADETH ME, O BLESSÈD THOUGHT!
Text: Psalm 23; Exodus 23:20; Deuteronomy 31:8

It is not by chance that you came by this blog. God has a message for you through a project he inspired. "How project" is God's commission of prophetic ministry to believers in Christ, and our mandate is to raise worshippers, to provide nurture through inspired messages, Bible studies, articles, and meditations on favourite Christian Hymns. We hope our periodic resources will be useful to you to inspire true and spirit filled worship to our Triune God. 

On 1st of September, 2015, as I meditate on God’s word in Psalm 23 and on the hymn “He Leadeth Me,” I heard God saying “fear not, I will go ahead of you”, “I will lead you in the way you should go, the way that leads to your prosperity and glorification”. Hear his words from the scriptures:

"Behold, I send an Angel before you to keep you in the way and to bring you into the place which I have prepared. The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." (Exodus 23:20; Deuteronomy 31:8 (NKJV)

Jo­seph H. Gil­more, the author of the text of the hymn “He Leadeth Me” grad­u­at­ed as a young minister with passion for ministry. Having ministered from Psalm 23 on several occasions before, on 26th of March, 1862, during a mid-week service at a home fellowship meeting, he was led to speak again from this Psalm. God impressed the phrase “He Leadeth me” from the second verse of the text of Psalm 23 (KJV) on his mind so much that he could not go beyond it, and eventually the text of this hymn was inspired.

In whatever circumstance you may find yourself as a child of God, God’s mighty hand will lead you. God’s hand is always ahead making ways where there seem to be no way before. Gilmore never thought the text he scribbled on a small sheet of paper could go any further than that medium, but God kept promoting this inspiration until it became one of the best hymns ever published. Today, this blessed thought of his has imparted so many generations after him. 

If you make Christ your “leader” and you diligently follow him, God will go with you as you journey on in life, especially in the remaining part of the year. He will not abandon you, but he shall surely supply all your needs according to his riches in glory. He will lead you beside the still waters and on the path of righteousness for His name sake. No situation will terrify you, though you walk through the valley of shadows of death, his glory will shield you and you will not have any need to fear.

The circumstance around you now may not be very palatable, but as you wait for God’s salvation, be sure he is leading you and that you are faithfully following him. Shortly, he will prepare a table before you in the presence of your enemies; he will anoint your head with the oil of gladness and cause your life to overflow with his abundant grace. Surely God’s goodness and mercy shall follow you all the days of your life; and you will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

Fear not, but remain blessed in the Lord.

Action Task:
1.      Sing with understanding till you stir your faith on God’s word
2.      Speak a word of courage to your difficult circumstances;
3.      Take a step of faith in the right direction.

Prayer Points:
1.      Lord, I thank you because you are my leader
2.      Lord, I put my hand in yours, lead my way as I follow you faithfully
3.      Help me to find fresh grace to know you more and to trust in you more.

HE LEADETH ME, O BLESSÈD THOUGHT!

1.      He leadeth me, O blessèd thought!
O words with heav’nly comfort fraught!
Whate’er I do, where’er I be
Still ’tis God’s hand that leadeth me.

2.      Refrain:
He leadeth me, He leadeth me,
By His own hand He leadeth me;
His faithful follower I would be,
For by His hand He leadeth me.

3.      Sometimes mid scenes of deepest gloom,
Sometimes where Eden’s bowers bloom,
By waters still, over troubled sea,
Still ’tis His hand that leadeth me.

4.      Lord, I would place my hand in Thine,
Nor ever murmur nor repine;
Content, whatever lot I see,
Since ’tis my God that leadeth me.


5.      And when my task on earth is done,
When by Thy grace the vict’ry’s won,
E’en death’s cold wave I will not flee,
Since God through Jordan leadeth me.


No comments:

Post a Comment